You see, at the moment, we as health professionals are flooded with messages telling us that we need to be ‘taking better care of ourselves’, doing more networking, attending more conferences and education events, while simultaneously becoming quasi-celebrities in the community.
When I went through nursing school, this would have been taboo!!!!
When I went through nursing school, I was taught to keep my personal life to myself and not to share anything with clients. These were essential boundaries that enabled us to be accountable to our clients.
Today, on the other hand, health practitioners are being bombarded with the opposite messaging and it can be very difficult to feel like you’re in control of your own life…with all eyes peeking-in on your personal life.
032 – 6 Quick & Easy Steps to Change Anything
We as health professionals are flooded with messagestelling us that we need to be ‘taking better care of ourselves’, doing more networking, attending more conferences and education events, while simultaneously becoming quasi-celebrities in the community. How on earth can we stay calm and cool, and manage our own personal change while managing social change, workplace change, and that of our clients? But…
How on earth can we stay calm and cool, and manage our own personal change while managing social change, workplace change, and that of our clients?
When chaos hits, beyond our control, what can YOU do to be in a better place personally?
Normally, when I’m addressing personal change, I am applying the Transtheoretical Model of Change, but not today because I’m addressing situational change vs behavioural change.
And yes, these two will play on each other.
But, situations such as endless daily tasks, expectations around business meetings and overtime, workplace politics, and complicated family relationships, challenge us to consider change from a different angle, in a more mindful way.
Plus, our situations as health care professionals can be seem even more daunting to the loved ones most important to us, yet their feelings can easily get placed on the back-burner.
What I mean by this is that we can often neglect to even consider our loved one’s concern for the work we do. Yes, they worry too about what we encounter on a daily basis.
The bottom line is that people lead complicated lives.
The other bottom line is that people want to grow and change, but they often times don’t feel they can, because it requires too much effort…
despite knowing that the personal change would be a welcome addition to their personal (and professional) lives.
But… with these 6 Quick & Easy Steps To Change Anything, you can take control and change anything you want about your situation. You just need a little bit of time, and a step-by-step plan, to contemplate what I’m about to tell you.
So stay with me. If you’re multi-tasking right now, come back to me!
These were also inspired by the advice of my coaching mentors, Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes so you may have heard these 6 steps to change before.
Each one of these steps, on their own, can help you take some action to shift you from a crisis scenario into a healthier and more mindful headspace.
And we all deal with adversity, so pay attention!
These steps will get you one-step closer to living the life you desire and attract more scenarios of personal growth and abundance.
6 Quick Steps To Take If You Want To Change Anything In Your Life
- See it as it is, but not worse.
- Get to the truth so you can re-tool and deal with your reality. Be honest with yourself here. Are you drinking too much? smoking too much? and not exercising enough? Are you going to bed too late and sacrificing your sleep for the pleasure of watching a show that ends too late? Are you not applying the proper tools and strategies that are meant to help you? So get to the truth, and stick to the facts. “when I do this, it leads to this consequence for me. I need to be honest and find a way to manage “this””
- Get a vision. When I talk about a vision, I mean using the power of visualization to make that vision come to life, so that you’re regularly working towards a new goal. Once you’re about to achieve one goal, you start visualizing the success and achievement of the next. That’s how top performers stay motivated, and maintain their personal growth.
- Get a role-model. It helps close the gap with the vision. This can help you stay motivated while also helping you avoid their mistakes. We all need to stay on top of ourselves with our busy schedules, and not slip. So if you can subscribe to their podcast, read their blog or buy a few more books – written or audio, this can keep you connected to what you desire the most. Change becomes very easy in this way. Tony Robbins, Cloe Madanes, Mark & Magali Peysha are a few of my coaching role models.
- Give more than you expect to receive. What I mean by this is to not overextend yourself, but you might need to give energetically to open up a space of forgiveness. Might you need to smile more?
- Prioritize what really needs to be done. What needs to be added to your list today? What’s one action you can take towards changing your situation and daily habits that you need to do each evening? Or every Weekend? And let 1 or 2 other things go that might be taking up your time.
Satori’s personal development program, Pro-Mind is a step-by-step system that can help you take action towards a different result because it offers you a system – packed with strategies.
Pro-Mind also offers Vedic mediation as its primary bonus which can help you transcend stress within moments to hours of experiencing that stress, because you meditate daily under this system.
If you don’t know this already, I’m known for my step-by-step way of teaching things. I’ve been in your shoes, and lost my job as a result of being overwhelmed and stressed-out. I was lacking in sleep and it impaired my judgement, to some extent.
Even though I felt like I was reaching my full potential, I was still faced with a common fact that many health practitioners face: sleep deprivation.
If you need a little self-motivation to help you develop a healthy routine, manage change, stress or burnout, jump into our upcoming Masterclass here.
As an SI coach I can help anyone in any area of their life. I’m not only trained as a nurse with graduate experience in education, but I’m trained in the tradition of Tony Robbins, Cloe Madanes, Mark & Magali Peysha. It’s versatile.
If you need to overcome challenges in multiple areas of their life, or your Health & Wellness system needs a tune-up, be sure to jump into the next class!
Other podcast episodes of relevance are Episode 29, all about health supplements and how they can help add more vitality to your life. My own health shop is categorized which can help you decide on what you need.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.