DO YOU LACK IN CERTAIN AREAS THAT YOU’D REALLY LIKE TO SEE CHANGED, BUT YOU’RE NOT SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT IT?
So here’s the deal with this post. Most people aren’t happy with every aspect of their life.k They’re happy with some, or maybe most, and they put up with the parts they don’t like because they feel it’s just hard to change those aspects.
Today, I’m going to help you shift things a bit and I hope to inspire you to actually set a plan to create a new YOU.
In order to approach any goal and make changes in your life, you have to approach it with a different mindset, not the same one that created the problem in the first place.
For example, you want to lose weight, kick a bad habit, or change something about yourself.
1. Evaluate that pattern really closely. Become acutely aware of what’s causing the “problem” or “unwanted behaviour/pattern”. This is metacognition, thinking about thinking. You can even sit down and write about the problem.
- What does the problem give you?
- What does the problem hold you back from?
- How long have you had this problem?
- Why did it start in the first place?
- What was life like before you had this problem?
- And what will life look like and feel like once you kick it?
Be honest and surrender to the power of yourself that you’ve become a slave to your problem. Only after evaluating the problem can you evaluate your triggers, and the physiological responses, that the problem creates. If you’re not aware of your triggers, and thought patterns, you’ll be less likely to achieve success at achieving the change.
When long-term change and happiness is what you’re after, surrender to the process of analysis. Once you can express out loud the real issues you’re experiencing, you’re giving it up to the universe – and that’s the best place for it, because the universe isn’t judging you. You might be judging yourself, but go easy, and sit with the problem for a few weeks.
Try to get at all corners of the problem that you want to solve or change, and put it all out there. Remember my post “thoughts are energy?”. https://satorihwcoaching.ca/thoughts-are-energy/
2. Change the problem. If you set a goal, and you’re able to reverse engineer the steps, but you miss the analysis (preparation phase), you will likely stumble upon the same results. Why? Because you’ve set your goal and approached the problem/solution with the same mindset. This doesn’t work. So, once you’ve analyzed it for a few weeks (YES, Weeks!), start to make a plan and rehearse the achievement of it.
In Summary: Analyze the problem right now, and allow my earlier questions to prompt you. If you’ve had mild to moderate success, awesome!!! Evaluate your results.
- How did you get there?
- Did you approach it differently from the past?
- Who was instrumental at helping you achieving the shift?
- Remember that you have be under new conditions to create sustainable change, otherwise the same issue and same triggers will arise.
Go back to the first stage and evaluate these triggers because these are key – they’re true physiological reactions. The ego takes over and BOOM, you may not get anywhere.
Many of you already know that 95% of our daily life is led by the subconscious mind. How on earth is the other 5% of the conscious mind supposed to get anywhere with that???
Are you ready to get started on the journey to becoming the New You, one that leads from the soul?
Contemplating change, and taking the time to prepare for the sustained change, are two distinct processes that go far deeper than just “setting a goal”. Do yourself a favour, don’t go at it alone! For long-lasting change, increased awareness and insight are key recipe ingredients for creating the New You.
You can signup for our newsletter for some easy tips that will arrive in your inbox.
You may also follow us on facebook.com/satoriHWcoachingltd/ for daily themes. We happen to have a day dedicated to managing change and triggers called “Trigger Tuesdays”. I’ll be offering solutions to help you manage an emotional trigger than prevents you from total happiness.
And for more knowledge on this matter, go to Dr. Joe Dispenza’s website. He’s an expert on the subject of change! http://drjoedispenza.com
Love & Light, Lynn