Finding your passion in life is not an easy feat. Ever feel like time is against you? Or that you’re just ‘buying time’ until some better moment/person/thing/job comes along? Let’s shift that ‘blah’ feeling into bliss!
- Eat Nourishing Foods – even on a tight budget, you can buy a delicious apple, and indulge in the thought that you know it’s nourishing you. Gala? Fuji? Organic? MacIntosh? Red? Green? Yellow? Wow, what a variety!!! When you focus on the control you have, to eat the foods that are healing & wholesome, you are able to experience the passion in food. What about all those beautiful colours of the seasonal produce? Food is your friend.
- Always Have Your Next Adventure Close to Heart – we all have a need for variety in our daily lives. Recognizing that your next ‘adventure’ or ‘playdate’ is around the corner allows you to focus on the upcoming joys, and in turn can create a more sustainable thought pattern of looking for more of it. How about writing it as a story? A lunch date with yourself could easily become your next adventure.
- Laugh Daily – by setting out on a mission to laugh daily, one becomes more invested in living a happier and more passionate life.
- Practice Gratitude – from a scientific standpoint, “regular grateful thinking can increase happiness by as much as 25 percent” says Dr Robert A. Emmons in the book Thanks!: How Practicing Gratitude Can Make You Happier”. Gratitude is a powerful emotion that can shift your mood out of a funk by considering the small things. Today I was grateful for the invention of drawers – especially the “junk drawer”. Oh yeah!
- Manage Your Free Time Well – The famous Literary Aldous Huxley said “there is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” Indeed, having some awareness of where you spend the majority of your waking hours can help you see what you don’t like about your life, in order to shift it to more of what you do want. For more on this, see my post on 7 Habits to Manage Free Time.