Because it just does!!!!!
WHY? Because if you’re eating the right foods, you’ll feel more energetic and happier. Remember the cliché “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? In this post, I want to share with you some of the healing powers of foods that we have around us daily. Often times, changing your diet for weight loss is a tough thing, but when you adapt the perception of changing your diet for health and longevity, you’re in a better position to set realistic health goals.
Oh, and do remember that preparing yourself to change those tiny little bad food habits, is the only way to achieve success. What I mean by “preparing yourself”, I mean to dive deep into what has triggered you to not actually making the change, and exploring all facets of the behaviours. Analyze the heck out of that bad food habit, and then kick it to the curb by adding in a better one.
For additional support, you may consult me, or you may consult a Nutrition expert or Naturopathic Doctor. We all have unique skills and can teach you how to eat and drink for a long and healthy life.
HERE’S A QUICK LIST OF POWER FOODS: :
- Water – the majority of your body is made of water. This makes water the most important source if need to live longer and healthier. Drinking lots of water daily is very important part to starting a healthier diet.
- Salads – fruit and vegetables are known to be high in nutrients and low on calories. Research has found broccoli and grapes to be the most important fruits and variables you need to include in your salads for good health.
- Berries – barriers have been found to be good in assisting to fight against life threatening diseases. They are full of antioxidants to boost our immune system.
- Olive oils – is believed to be good for your heart by many medical specialists. Some even believe it is good for your brain and cancer prevention.
- Avocado – vitamins contained in avocados such as lycopene and beta-carotene can lower your cholesterol levels.
- Grains and Seeds – high in fibre, and can be found in gluten-free pasta too! Whole grain bread can increase longevity, as well as reduce blood sugar, obesity and blood pressure among other things.
- Beer and Wine – consuming small amounts of alcohol can reduce your heart attack chances. But specialists suggest that only two drinks a day for men and one for women can improve your hearts health.
And I’d like to add a that any food that’s plant-based will get you vitality, except soy, wheat, corn. These are genetically-modified ingredients with well-documented risks to gut and immune system health.